[Socrates] From Zero to n (grams): A Very Basic Bootcamp for Text Analysis in Python

Rob Garfield rob.garfield at qc.cuny.edu
Sun Jan 17 18:14:33 EST 2021

The Association for Computers and the Humanities is sponsoring "From Zero to n (grams): A Very Basic Bootcamp for Text Analysis in Python" this January given by Paul Vierthaler.

>From Zero to n (grams): A Very Basic Bootcamp for Text Analysis in Python
In this informal bootcamp, intended for folks with no coding or command line experience, I will walk through the process of designing a very basic python script that you can use to query a textual corpus. I will cover software installation, basic interaction on the command line, basic Python syntax and constructs, and show how to put together a script to do some simple text analyses. We also discuss some of the nuances involved in doing text analysis in languages other than English. You will hopefully leave with a basic understanding of Python that will lead you to more advanced analysis and creativity in the future!

Streaming on YouTube
The bootcamp stream will be on Paul's YouTube channel<https://www.youtube.com/user/pvierth>
January 18th to the 22nd, 1pm to 3pm Eastern

For more info, links, and materials: https://github.com/vierth/fromZerotoN