[Socrates] New Federal Work Study Opportunity for Your Students

Moira E Egan Moira.Egan at qc.cuny.edu
Wed Feb 10 15:48:20 EST 2021

Dear Colleagues,
I hope this email finds you well and enjoying the start of a new semester.  We in the office of Honors and Scholarships are seeking a work study student but the description has not yet been posted on the Financial Aid website.  It will be shortly, but we know that many students are currently looking for work in these challenging times.  We'd appreciate your help recruiting eligible students.  The description of the position is below, and we would like to receive your recommendations or your students' expressions of interest by Wednesday, February 17th.  As the description indicates, the student will work primarily with me, but may be assigned other tasks in Honors.  Previous students who have held this position have said they valued learning about fellowships and honing their presentation and communication skills.  They also report that they have found the work to be a useful experience for their own applications to awards, graduate school or other jobs.

Best,
Moira

Assist Coordinator of Major National Awards on outreach efforts, including:
1) assistance in developing and offering PowerPoint presentations, 2) maintaining attendance and contact records,
3) and supporting other outreach initiatives through email and Navigate.

Moira E. Egan, Ph.D.
National Fellowships Advisor
Office of Honors and Scholarships
Rm. 23 Honors Hall