[Socrates] Upcoming Queens Memory events

Lori A Wallach Lori.Wallach at qc.cuny.edu
Wed Jun 10 18:43:48 EDT 2020

Hello everyone,

Hope you are all staying well and enjoying the start of summer!

Queens Memory has several online events coming up that may be of interest -- please follow the links below for more detailed information and instructions on how to access them:

Saturday, June 13, 7-8 pm - Queer Memoir: A Queer Grief Observed<https://www.facebook.com/events/3017586214996403/>  - This event will be conducted by Queer Memoir, a multi-venue, all-ages LGBT storytelling series that aims to give voice to collective queer experiences and preserve and document queer history. This session will be hosted by Kelli Dunham.

Tuesday, June 16, 4-5 pm - What Shapes Our Communities: Nik Virella<https://www.facebook.com/events/1614027745440949/> - Listen in as we talk to Queens-based comic book artist Nik Virella, who has worked on the Deadpool, Star Wars and Mortal Instruments series.

Wednesday, June 17, 4-5 pm - Model Minority vs Covid-19: Education Through Crisis<https://www.facebook.com/events/350061275971913/> - Incoming Queens College president Frank Wu will lead a panel discussion about the current higher educational experience for Asians in America, who are facing the continuously evolving challenge of racism. We will also discuss how Asians in America can provide ally-ship and solidarity to other groups experiencing racial oppression.

And just for fun --

Friday, June 19, 7-8:30 pm - Trivia Night in Queens! <https://www.facebook.com/events/381846292734339/>  - Join us for a few rounds of trivia and test your knowledge about our favorite borough, Queens!

Hope to see you online!

Lori

?Lori Wallach
Queens Memory Outreach Coordinator