[Socrates] Quality Education Event a week from today!

Jean Kelly Jean.Kelly at qc.cuny.edu
Wed Mar 18 10:29:53 EDT 2015

On behalf of Yael Rosenstock at CERRU (yrosenstock at cerru.org):

Good afternoon,

CERRU's last event as part of our  “On Education Series" is next week!  I think Tuesday's panel and discussion, “Quality Education: What does it look like and who can get it?” could be of particular interest to those in your department.  I have attached the flier and we encourage you to consider sharing the information with your faculty and students. I included the details, description, and Eventbrite (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/quality-education-what-does-it-looks-like-and-who-can-get-it-tickets-16187571462) below.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions. I hope to see you there!

----

Wednesday, March 18th, 6:30-8:30pm
Student Union Ballroom West, 4th Floor
Kosher meal will be available

What does it meant to provide a quality education? Who has access to it? Why do some groups have difficulty accessing quality education? How can we change that?

Join a panel of educators, academics, and policy-makers as we discuss the issue of quality education. Panel discussion will be followed by small group discussions led by CERRU students and a Q&A to wrap things up.

Panelists include:

Dr. Limarys Caraballo

Assistant Professor of English Education in the Department of Secondary Education and Youth Services at Queens College.

John Duval
Deputy Executive Director for Model Redesign in the Office of Postsecondary Readiness at the NYC DOE

Carrie Sanchez
Assistant Principal at Forest Hills High School

Dr. Warren Spielberg
Psychologist, psychoanalyst, and Fulbright Scholar

For more information or to RSVP, click here:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/quality-education-what-does-it-looks-like-and-who-can-get-it-tickets-16187571462