[Socrates] Readers Needed for Scholarship for Asian Students

Moira E Egan Moira.Egan at qc.cuny.edu
Tue Oct 7 12:05:53 EDT 2014

Dear all,
First, I'd like to give you an update on the APIASF scholarship which Queens College students of Asian, Asian American, or Pacific Islander ethnicity can apply for for the first time this year.  Since the competition opened in July, Approximately 150 QC students have started an application.  I know many of you have encouraged those you know to apply, so I really appreciate your help insuring that eligible candidates are able to take advantage of the financial and professional development benefits of the APIASF scholarship.

As part of the college's relationship with the APIASF, we are asked to provide volunteer readers for applications from all 15 eligible institutions.  Some of you have already generously volunteered, but in case others might be interested, I thought I'd repeat the information I sent out in August.  Applications will be reviewed between October 16, 2014 and November 14, 2014. Readers will have access to a secure website to review scholarship applications. To ensure that there are enough readers to evaluate all applications, readers are asked to commit to reading a minimum of 40 applications. Each application takes approximately 10-15 minutes to review.

All volunteers, new & returning, are required to review a training document (PDF). The training covers basic information related to education in the Asian American, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander communities and provides an overview of the review and scoring process. All readers must have an undergraduate college diploma and/or 7-10 years of work experience. Readers do not need to be of AAPI ethnicity.

If you are interested in volunteering as a reader, please complete the new reader registration form online at https://aanapisischolarship.apiasf.org/reader/. One question on the registration form asks for your resume but you can simply paste your LinkedIn profile weblink or include your degree and the institution from which it was attained in the text box.

For more information please contact me at Moira.Egan at qc.cuny.edu<mailto:Moira.Egan at qc.cuny.edu> or by phone at extension 72863.  You can also reach Cecilia Marshall, Director of the APIASF Scholarship Program, at cmarshall at apiasf.org<mailto:cmarshall at apiasf.org>

Thanks very much for all you do to support our students.
Best,
Moira
~
Moira E. Egan, Ph.D.