[Socrates] Hybrid Bootcamp, Jun 3-7, 2013: Call for Participants

Michelle Fraboni Michelle.Fraboni at qc.cuny.edu
Wed May 8 08:36:13 EDT 2013

Are you interested in teaching a hybrid course but not sure where to
begin? Have you been teaching a hybrid course and would like to get
feedback or share your experiences?

The Center for Teaching & Learning <http://www.qc.cuny.edu/ctl> will be
offering a bootcamp focusing on the development and assessment of hybrid
courses. Faculty from all academic disciplines are invited to apply, by
completing this form
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/hybridbootcamp2013>:https://www.surveymonke
y.com/s/hybridbootcamp2013

The deadline to apply is Wednesday, May 15, 2013. (Selected participants
will be notified by May 20.) No experience teaching online is necessary,
but participants are strongly encouraged to commit to teaching at least
one hybrid or fully online course in spring 2014 or fall 2014.  The
week-long training will orient participants to online pedagogies, through
both face-to-face and online synchronous and asynchronous work. Optional
activities will focus on Blackboard.

Required face-to-face workshops will take place 10am to 3pm on June 3 and
7.  Optional training on Blackboard and Blackboard Collaborate will be
offered on June 5 and 6.  The remainder of the week (June 4, 5, 6) will
consist of asynchronous online individual and group work.  A more detailed
agenda will be available after May 20.

Bootcamp participants will:

* have access to sustained technological support and pedagogical advice
from the Center for Teaching
 & Learning;

* contribute to the College's ongoing development of measurable student
learning outcomes;

* get to learn some of the latest Internet-based tools used in teaching
online;

* learn to develop documentation for demonstrating online teaching
effectiveness, useful for reappointment/tenure/promotion;

* receive a college-issued iPad

Please direct questions to Jean Kelly (jean.kelly at qc.cuny.edu).
Program organizers: Michelle Fraboni, Rowena Li, Rob Garfield, Jean Kelly,
Eva Fernández
For more information on hybrid courses:
http://www.qc.cuny.edu/Academics/SupportPrograms/CTL/Projects/Pages/teachon
line.aspx

Hope to see you in June!
Best -
Michelle

Michelle C. Fraboni
Associate Director I Center for Teaching & Learning
<http://www.qc.cuny.edu/ctl>
Lecturer, Educational Technology I Elementary & Early Childhood Education

Queens College <http://www.qc.cuny.edu/>, City University of New York
Powdermaker 054 A I 65-30 Kissena Blvd | Flushing, NY 11367 | 718-997-5324
michelle.fraboni at qc.cuny.edu