[QCsenate 0191] UPDATE: Academic Senate Meeting scheduled for September 9, 2021 - RSVP

Brenda Salas Brenda.Salas at qc.cuny.edu
Mon Aug 30 14:20:59 EDT 2021

Sent on behalf of Academic Senate Chair, Kevin Ferguson:
Dear Senators,

Thank you for your patience as we work to safely conduct in-person meetings on campus. Our challenge is to balance the safety of our community with the need to achieve a quorum to conduct business.

As you may know, a quorum of 31 senators is required for us to have a legal meeting. Without 31 senators in attendance, we cannot vote any motions, including timely matters such as creating new courses, modifying old ones, or making nominations to search committees.

If we believe a quorum is not possible, we do not want to ask Senators to risk their safety or time coming to campus.

To that end, we are going to send you an RSVP invitation in advance of each Senate meeting. Please respond to these RSVPs as soon as you can, so that we may gauge how likely we are to be able to have a legal meeting.

Thank you for your help on this matter. I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at our meeting on September 9th, where President Wu is scheduled to address us.
To RSVP, please go to: https://forms.gle/iseZzpno8q1LWc5u9

Best regards,
Brenda

--
Brenda Salas
Administrative Coordinator | Academic Senate