[Socrates] Workshops on engaged pedagogy - call for applications

QNS qcctlonline CTLOnline at qc.cuny.edu
Thu Mar 21 19:20:08 EDT 2024

The Center for Excellence in Teaching, Learning, and Leadership<https://www.qc.cuny.edu/cetll/> in collaboration with the Provost’s Office invites faculty to apply to participate in a series of small-group brainstorming workshops on “engaged pedagogy” in Spring 2024. The focus on “engaged pedagogy” comes from an existing body of research that demonstrates that investments in student engagement lead to improved student outcomes particularly for students who are less prepared for college than their peers. Instead of thinking of “engagement” as a student characteristic, we will approach it as a function of pedagogy, a consequence of what we do (or don’t do) in the classroom. We are especially seeking faculty who teach courses that regularly enroll first-year students.

Interested faculty are invited to complete this brief application no later than Tuesday, March 26th, 2024: https://forms.office.com/r/94RgUTZBrv.

Respondents will be notified by Wednesday, March 27th, 2024. Selected faculty will receive a copy of Super courses: The future of teaching and learning by Bain, K. (2021) and may be sponsored to complete a professional development course offered by the Association of College and University Educators (ACUE), if interested. More details are provided in the application form linked above.

Please share this with your departments or reach out to faculty who may be well-suited for this professional development opportunity.