[Socrates] QC Bi Weekly Fridays Sit n Write Returns October 6th at 10 AM KY 111A

Jean Kelly Jean.Kelly at qc.cuny.edu
Thu Sep 28 11:44:22 EDT 2023

On behalf of Dr. Natanya Duncan, Director, Africana Studies Program<https://www.qc.cuny.edu/academics/africana-studies/>:

Good morning, everyone!

       QC AFST and CETLL<https://qc.cuny.edu/cetll> with the support of the Dean of Social Sciences Kate Pechenkina, are happy to announce the return of our bi-weekly Friday Sit N Write group.  We are excited to gather with our friends and colleagues this semester to increase our research and publication productivity; foster collaborative research ideas that mutually benefit students and faculty alike; and to celebrate our writing wins!

        We would like to ask that you encourage all members of your department, including advanced graduate students, new tenure track faculty, advanced tenure track faculty, associate professors and full professors to join our interdisciplinary writing and learning community.

         Our first meeting will be October 6, 2023, in KY 111A.   This is a Hi-Flex event.    I am attaching a flier for circulation.  Whether attending via Zoom or in person, we ask that interested persons register by October 5, 2023, at 5 PM. This will help us to have an accurate headcount.  For the sake of ease, here is the registration link:  https://tinyurl.com/Sit-n-Write-Registration .

        Also, our Fall Publish and Flourish workshop will be on October 20, 2023, in Rosenthal Library rm 3001.  Professor Duchess Harris<https://www.duchessharris.com/> of Macalester College<https://www.macalester.edu/americanstudies/facultystaff/duchessharris/> will join us for "Turn that Paper into A Book: How a Mellon Mays 12-page Paper became Black Feminist Politics: from John F Kennedy to Kamala Harris 4th Edition."   This will also be a Hi-Flex event, but we strongly encourage in person attendance at the request of the presenter.   To register for this event, please go to:  https://tinyurl.com/PublishandFlourishEvent .  The flier for this event is also attached.

        We do hope you are having a fantastic semester!  We look forward to seeing you soon.  Should you have any questions, please feel free to email me at nduncan at qc.cuny.edu<mailto:nduncan at qc.cuny.edu> .

Sincerely,

Nat

Jean Kelly
Instructional Technologist
Center for Excellence in Teaching, Learning, and Leadership (CETLL)
Queens College, CUNY
Jean.Kelly at qc.cuny.edu | 718-997-4857
https://www.qc.cuny.edu/cetll/