[Socrates] May 10, 2024 Hi Flex Publish & Flourish Workshop: Building a Publishing Pipeline: Concrete Strategies for Increasing Your Writing Productivity Erin Marie Furtak, Ph.D.

QNS qcctlonline CTLOnline at qc.cuny.edu
Fri Apr 26 08:55:52 EDT 2024

On behalf of Natanya Duncan, PhD , Director QC Africana Studies:

Colleagues,
       Hope the Spring reset is going well.  On behalf of QC Sit N Write, the Dean of Social Sciences, Dr. Kate Pechenkina and CETLL<https://www.qc.cuny.edu/cetll/> , I write to cordially invite you to join us for our second Spring Publish and Flourish Workshop:  Building a Publishing Pipeline: Concrete Strategies for Increasing Your Writing Productivity  with Erin Marie Furtak, Ph.D<https://www.colorado.edu/education/erin-marie-furtak>.

        Dr. Furtak is a professor of STEM Education at the University of Colorado Boulder and a writing coach with the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity.  The Publishing Pipeline workshop centers on how to:
• Establish a sustainable daily writing practice with multiple writing projects
• Experiment with a tracking system to analyze where to focus your writing and research efforts
• Make a concrete action plan for moving several projects forward simultaneously
• Celebrate the process of moving your work from one stage of the pipeline to the next
We look forward to having you, your colleagues and advanced graduate students join us on May 10th.  This is a Hi-Flex event.  Please feel free to share the attached flier.

Persons wishing to join us by ZOOM ONLY must register here: BUILD<https://tinyurl.com/3bu3e73p>

Persons wishing to join IN PERSON (Rm PH 333) must register here: PUBLISH<https://tinyurl.com/2jjuxbbr>

All registrants will receive a follow-up email with materials from Dr. Furtak.  We ask that you register no later than noon on Thursday, May 9, 2024 so as to have time to review those materials in preparation for the workshop.

Should you have any questions please let me know via email at nduncan at qc.cuny.edu<mailto:nduncan at qc.cuny.edu>.

Sincerely,
Nat

Natanya Duncan, PhD
Director QC Africana Studies
Associate Professor of History

[cid:74b96aae-521a-4598-ac8e-701de142cacd]

“Black intellectual practice not as an approach to omniscience but as a perpetual desire activated in community as community.”
Alexis Pauline Gumbs

“The burden of working for racial justice is laid on the very people bearing the brunt of the injustice, and not the powerful people who maintain it. I say to you: I refuse."​
Nikole Hannah-Jones

"Black people cannot and will not become integrated into American society on any terms but those of self-determination and autonomy." Elizabeth Fox-Genovese