[Socrates] Opportunity to Learn - The New York Business Plan Competition

Ying Zhou Ying.Zhou at qc.cuny.edu
Fri Jan 29 07:24:30 EST 2021

Hello:

The New York Business Plan Competition (NYBPC) is an annual Statewide Competition featuring student teams from all of New York. Qualifying for the Statewide Competition NYBPC begins with 10 Regional Competitions.

The NYC Innovation Hot Spot invites all student teams to join the New York City Regional Business Plan Competition (NYC-BPC)! The NYC-BPC final event will take place virtually on April 9, 2021! Two winning teams from six defined tracks (12 total winners) from this Regional Competition will advance to the Statewide final competition to be held virtually May 2021. NYC-BPC winners will also be awarded a $500 prize.

RSVP: https://www.nycinnovationhotspot.org/nyc-business-plan-competition

NYC-BPC 2021 Entrepreneurship Training Programs
Prior to the NYC-BPC Final Event, student teams that applied are invited and encouraged to join our optional entrepreneurial training program and our additional optional supplementary workshops.

Training #1 - NYC BPC Lean Bootcamp Program

Training #2 - Supplementary Workshops?

Benefits of Optional Training Programs:

Student teams will -

Learn how to talk to potential customers, partners and competitors; experiencing the chaos and uncertainty of starting your own business.
Be guided through the program with the help of mentors and experienced startup executives.
Potentially be eligible for future NSF I-Corps programs.
Student teams from other regions are welcome to join

Interested participants should review the NYC-BPC Website for more information on the trainings

Learn more and sign up:

https://www.nycinnovationhotspot.org/nyc-business-plan-competition

Eligibility:

"Students" are any graduate, undergraduate, and/or community college students enrolled part- or full-time in accredited New York colleges and universities during the current academic year. Students who graduate during the Fall semester are eligible to compete in the competition during the Spring semester. Exchange students are also eligible.
Review more on eligibility, benefits, and how to apply at the NY BPC Website and Rulebook

Learn more and sign up:

https://www.nycinnovationhotspot.org/nyc-business-plan-competition

TIQC Events in February: https://sites.google.com/view/tiqcevents/home?
?