[Socrates] COVID-19 Webinar Series

Rob Garfield rob.garfield at qc.cuny.edu
Tue Nov 3 14:51:31 EST 2020

There are still openings for the following interactive group webinar series being offe?red by the Queens College Psychological Center in collaboration with the Center for Teaching & Learning:

Keeping the Peace: Enhancing Interpersonal Relationships During Difficult Times

In this interactive group webinar series, you will learn strategies to help you enhance relationships between you and your significant other, and between you and your children. The group will teach scientifically-informed skills to improve communication and conflict resolution with significant others and our children. We will learn to identify when to engage in conflict and how to engage in an effective, respectful, and nonjudgmental way. Each module will cover psychoeducation about the below topics and skills training involving group participation.

Participants will be encouraged to review what they learned in session and engage in short exercises between sessions. Sessions will take place weekly on Tuesdays from 5 to 6 pm starting November 10.

  *   Tuesday, November 10 - Module 1: Communicating needs to your partner in an effective, positive way: Part I
  *   Tuesday, November 17 - Module 2: Communicating needs to your partner in an effective, positive way: Part II
  *   Tuesday, November 24 - Module 3: Communicating needs to your child in an effective, positive way

Register for Keeping the Peace here: https://forms.gle/SPsuFh5fq7DnF24R8?

If you have any questions about either series, please call the clinic at 718-570-0500.

Best,

?Rob Garfield
Instructional Technologist
Queens College Center for Teaching and Learning
111D Kiely Hall
rob dot garfield at qc dot cuny dot edu