[Socrates] Home Movie Day this Saturday!

Lori A Wallach Lori.Wallach at qc.cuny.edu
Thu Oct 17 16:36:08 EDT 2019

Hello all,

Do you have a canister of 8mm film in your closet that you've always wanted to watch, but have no way of projecting? Do you have family home movies you're trying to keep safe for future generations? Then join Queens Memory this Saturday (October 19) for Home Movie Day 2019 -- the only New York City site for this national event!

Along with our co-hosts -- NYU's Moving Image and Archiving and Preservation Program, the NYU Student Chapter of the Association of Moving Image Archivists, and the XFR Collective -- we will screen movies and provide advice from film preservation experts. This free event will include Home Movie Bingo and other fun interactions with these rare and entertaining treasures on film. Film, optical media and videotape welcome!

Home Movie Day will be held at the Long Island City branch of Queens Public Library at 37-44 21st Street, LIC, from 12:30 to 4:30 pm. For more information, see the attached flyer or contact Lori.Wallach at qc.cuny.edu<mailto:Lori.Walach at qc.cuny.edu>.

Hope to see you there! Lori

Lori Wallach
Queens Memory Outreach Coordinator
queensmemory.org