[Socrates] Queens Memory Archives Tour at Langston Hughes Library

Lori A Wallach Lori.Wallach at qc.cuny.edu
Mon Jan 7 15:50:26 EST 2019

Happy New Year, everyone!

Queens Memory is pleased to invite you to our first "Volunteers in the Vaults" gathering of 2019! We will meet this Thursday, January 10, at the Langston Hughes Library & Cultural Center (100-01 Northern Blvd., Corona, NY), from 5:30 to 7:30 pm.

Attendees will be treated to a specially selected exhibit of materials from the library's extensive Black Heritage Reference Collection, assembled by curator Christine Zarett (an alum of Queens College's Graduate School of Library and Information Studies!). Highlights will include a vinyl recording of Langston Hughes himself; a copy of "Fire," the literary journal he produced; and pamphlets from various Civil Rights initiatives.

As always, we will provide light snacks and the opportunity to discuss possible Queens-related oral history projects and network with Queens Memory volunteers and staff.

Thanks, and hope to see some of you there!
Lori

Lori Wallach
Queens Memory Outreach Coordinator
queensmemory.org