[Socrates] Fulbright Representative Coming to Campus

Moira E Egan Moira.Egan at qc.cuny.edu
Thu Apr 4 13:09:23 EDT 2019

Dear all,
I hope everyone is enjoying some Spring sunshine!  I'm writing to ask your assistance encouraging students to explore the wonderful opportunities available through the Fulbright program and to invite you to learn about possibilities for yourselves.  Students have been emailed more details, but here are the basics you might wish to share with students.  Program representative Aferdita Krasniqi will be here to talk about the Fulbright U.S. Student Program, which allows students to go abroad after they graduate to either pursue further study and/or research, or to teach English. The information session will be held on Wednesday, April 10 from 12:15-1:30 (free hour) in Honors Hall Room 17.

Fulbright also offers overseas opportunities for faculty and staff from U.S. institutions and a program to bring international scholars here.  Aferdita is well-versed in these Fulbright Scholars programs, so I invite you to join us for lunch in the Faculty Staff Dining Room to learn more about opportunities for faculty and staff.  Of course you are most welcome to come to both the student session and the faculty lunch if you wish.  We have 10 spots available for lunch, so if you are interested, would you please email qcfellowships at qc.cuny.edu<mailto:qcfellowships at qc.cuny.edu>?  I look forward to gathering with you on Wednesday, and appreciate your help encouraging students to explore the transformative experience of a Fulbright.
Best,
Moira

~
Moira E. Egan, Ph.D.