[Socrates] Contacting Your Talented Students

Moira E Egan Moira.Egan at qc.cuny.edu
Fri May 25 15:17:41 EDT 2018

Dear all,
As we approach the end of the semester, I want to thank you for all your help promoting fellowships.  I appreciate your announcing my information sessions and referring individual students to me.  It is always such a pleasure to work with our committed and fascinating students to help them achieve their goals.  There are a number of major national awards with deadlines early in the fall semester, and I want to be sure that I can assist as many applicants as possible over the summer.  So, if you have promising students who are thinking of graduate school, for example, I would very much appreciate your help in reaching them.  Please feel free either to pass along my contact information or to send me names of students whom you think are good candidates for major national awards such as Fulbright, Marshall, or the National Science Foundation's graduate school funding.  I am also happy to work with students earlier in their careers to help them lay the groundwork for a post-graduate opportunity, so you are also very welcome to connect me with your talented rising sophomores or juniors.

I hope everyone enjoys the upcoming commencement celebrations and has a refreshing and productive summer.
Best,
Moira

~
Moira E. Egan, Ph.D.