[Socrates] Free Oral History Workshop With Queens Memory!

Lori A Wallach Lori.Wallach at qc.cuny.edu
Mon Jul 2 13:51:01 EDT 2018

Hello all,

The more relaxed days of summer are the perfect time to brush up on your oral history skills! Please join Queens Memory for an oral history training workshop next week at Queens Central Library in Jamaica.

This session will take place on Thursday, July 12, from 3 to 5 pm. Learn how to conduct a great interview to capture the history of your family or neighborhood as a Queens Memory volunteer interviewer.  Our volunteers are working all over the borough to collect residents' stories and photos for safekeeping in the Queens Library digital archives. You will learn how to prepare for an interview, ask good questions, and make a high-quality recording, and how to submit your completed interview to the library.

The workshop is free and open to the public. It will take place in the first-floor Teen Program Meeting Room at Central Library (89-11 Merrick Blvd., Jamaica, NY). Please email Lori.Wallach at qc.cuny.edu?<mailto:Lori.Wallach at qc.cuny.edu> to RSVP or for further information. We'd love to see you there!

Thanks!
Lori

Lori Wallach
Queens Memory Outreach Coordinator
queensmemory.org
Center for Teaching and Learning, Razran 346
Queens College
Lori.Wallach at qc.cuny.edu
(718) 990-8532