[Socrates] Queens Memory Archives Tour & Volunteer Meetup

Lori A Wallach Lori.Wallach at qc.cuny.edu
Tue Jan 2 15:39:05 EST 2018

Happy New Year, all!

Queens Memory is pleased to invite you to our next "Volunteers in the Vaults" event on Wednesday, January 10, at the Queens Central Library<http://www.queenslibrary.org/event/volunteers-in-the-vaults> in Jamaica, from 6 to 8 pm.

Volunteers in the Vaults is a bi-monthly open house aimed at Queens Memory volunteers and the general public -- anyone interested in learning about our upcoming programs and opportunities. First, we will have a guided tour of the Queens Library archives, with a display of some specially selected artifacts by one of our staff archivists. Attendees will then have a chance to discuss possible Queens-related oral history projects, including our current LGBTQ Queens Pride initiative, and network with Queens Memory program staff. Light refreshments will be served.

Thanks, and hope to see some of you there!
Lori

Lori Wallach
Queens Memory Outreach Coordinator
queensmemory.org
Center for Teaching and Learning, Razran 346
Queens College
Lori.Wallach at qc.cuny.edu
(718) 990-8532