[Socrates] Professional Development Training

Yael Rosenstock yrosenstock at cerru.org
Mon Feb 5 10:45:47 EST 2018

The Center for Ethnic, Racial, and Religious Understanding is hosting a
full day *Professional (and personal) Development Workshop: Crucial
Conversations*.

To purchase tickets, click here
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/crucial-conversations-professional-development-workshop-tickets-42637322379>
(space
is limited) or email yrosenstock at cerru.org to avoid Eventbrite fees.

*As an organization working towards social equity, interested attendees
will not be turned away. If cost is prohibitive to your attendance, please
contact yrosenstock at cerru.org <yrosenstock at cerru.org> to discuss options. *

*Description*

Join us for our single-day Crucial Conversations Signature Workshop.
Crucial conversations are difficult and important discussions that people
often shy away from or have in explosive and destructive ways. This
workshop is designed for people of all levels to gain greater awareness and
practice in tools that support honest and nonviolent communication on
important topics with family, work cohorts, and significant others.

Participants in this workshop will gain a deeper understanding of the
nature of crucial conversations, how to prepare for these interactions, as
well as a deeper understanding of violence enacted in these situations.
Participants will have the chance to learn, practice, and role play
techniques for transforming conflict.

Come prepared to be in community while discussing difficult conversations
you have had and want to have. We will be using our personal examples as a
way to genuinely and powerfully engage our new techniques.

This workshop provides participants with the following:
• Understanding of components of difficult conversations
• Tools to ethically engage in difficult conversations
• Understanding of personal communication style
• Understanding of components of conversational violence

Click here for Eventbrite page
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/crucial-conversations-professional-development-workshop-tickets-42637322379>
.

Yael Rosenstock
Associate Director
The Center for Ethnic, Racial, and Religious Understanding at Queens
College (CERRU)
Staff Advisor, grrrlz <https://www.facebook.com/QCGrrrlz/>
Co-Founder, Facilitator, and Researcher, QC Sexploration and Information
Group <https://www.facebook.com/QCSexplorationAndInformationGroup/>
office: Delany Hall, room 215
phone: 718-570-0482
email: yrosenstock at cerru.org
www.cerru.org

*Donate Here
<https://qccommunity.qc.cuny.edu/pages/funds/center-for-ethnic-racial-and-religious-understanding>*

“If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time.
But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine, then
let us work together.”

-       Lilla Watson, Indigenous Australian or Murri visual artist,
activist and academic