[Socrates] The Nationality Law, Israeli "Hope in Academia" and Diversity and Inclusion on Israeli college campuses

Sophia Mcgee Sophia.Mcgee at qc.cuny.edu
Thu Aug 16 11:13:37 EDT 2018

Dear Colleagues,

Please join CERRU, the Division of Social Sciences, and the Queens College Departments of Sociology and Urban Studies for a discussion regarding the challenges of diversity and inclusion on Israeli college campuses.

Speakers include:

Professor Mona Khoury-Khassabri, newly appointed Dean of the School of Social Work at Hebrew University

and

Dr. Sarah Ozacky Lazar, Director of the Forum for the Promotion of Arab Society in Israeli Academia.

Our guest speakers will discuss their work in creating inclusive spaces for Arab students in institutions of higher education in Israel.

This event will be held in the President's Conference Room (2) in the Rosenthal Library. Lunch will be served. Please see attached flier, and please RSVP so that we have an idea of numbers for lunch.

Thanks and Best,

Sophia Salguero-McGee

Sophia McGee
Director, The Center for Ethnic, Racial and Religious Understanding
Associate Director, "America and the Middle East" Program
Queens College CUNY
718-997-2985