[Socrates] Making Your Degree A Career! Queens College Event on Wednesday, May 2nd from 12:15-1:15

Leah Herzberg herzbergleah at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 20:39:36 EDT 2018

To Whom This May Concern:

I am writing to you on behalf of the QC French and Francophone club to inform you of an event called Making Your Degree a Career.  It will be held on Wednesday, May 2nd from 12:15-1:15 in Powdermaker Hall: Room 153.  The purpose of the event is to bring together students to realize the importance of their degree and the doors that it could open for them.  The main speaker is Nadia Shammas, a Brooklyn College graduate who will talk about how she raised money to fund her career, bringing together artists to form a graphic novel focused on health issues.  Moreover, other speakers will discuss how their internships kickstarted their careers, and how they used their degree to form a career.  Current QC students will talk about their internships with Tech Incubator., a group on campus that helps early stage student ventures build successful technology companies.  Our flyer is attached below.  Feel free to reach out to me with any questions or concerns you may have.

All the best,
Leah Herzberg
Secretary of the French Club