[Socrates] Meeting on Wednesday, April 18th 10:00 am - 11:15 am in Frese Hall room 213

Zavi Gunn Zavi.Gunn at qc.cuny.edu
Tue Apr 17 15:26:12 EDT 2018

Subject:  Meeting on Wednesday, April 18th 10:00 am - 11:15 am in Frese Hall room 213

Dear Faculty:

You are invited to learn more about two Career Success RFPs for 2018-2019 on Wednesday, April 18th 10:00 -11:15 am in Frese Hall room 213 at the Center for Career Engagement and Internships. Provost Hendrey and Assistant Provost Fernandez have asked me to lead this effort.  We recently received this proposal from CUNY and we have less than a month to response.

Are you interested in redesigning or creating a new course?  The "CUNY Career Success Course Innovation RFP #2" will support the redesign and/or creation of credit and non-credit courses or programs by integrating new content including employer-informed high demand skills and abilities, general and sector-specific career readiness, and applied or experiential learning.  This RFP will award up to 12 grants of $13,200 to faculty, academic departments, or adult and continuing education units in each six-month grant cycle, with an anticipated total of up to 24 grants each year.  QC internal submission deadline is April 27th for RFP #2 which will be reviewed by the committee.

Are you interested in creating an integrated academic and career map?  The "Career Success Initiative RFP#1" is a career success initiative for 10 faculty curriculum developer to create integrated academic and career maps for the top 10 declared majors.  Faculty will receive up to $6,000 during summer 2018 to work on this initiative. The total award is up to $110,000. QC internal deadline for RFP #1 is May 2nd.

Our goal is to submit a collective proposal on behalf of Queens College.  Kindly email me if you are able to participate tomorrow, April 18th at 10:00 am.  I apologize for the late notice, but I can meet with you at an alternate date and time that is more convenient for you.

Kindly send proposals to zavi.gunn at qc.cuny.edu.

Best Regards,
Zavi

Zavi Gunn
Director
Center for Career Engagement and Internships
Queens College, CUNY
Frese Hall Room 213
(718) 997 - 4465