[Socrates] Two new oral history workshops from Queens Memory!

Lori A Wallach Lori.Wallach at qc.cuny.edu
Tue Apr 3 15:05:06 EDT 2018

Hello all,

Queens Memory will hold two free oral history training workshops this month!

The first will be held this Thursday, April 5, from 5:30 to 7:30 pm at the St. Albans Community Library<http://www.queenslibrary.org/branch/St.Albans?filters=ev_loc:95200000>. The workshop will cover such topics as interviewing techniques, recording technology and the creation of timecode outlines, and will offer some time to practice your skills. A special focus of this session will be our "Collecting Memories of the Civil Rights Movement" initiative, in recognition of the 50th anniversary of the assassinations of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Robert F. Kennedy.

The second workshop will take place on Thursday, April 19, from 1:00 to 3:00 pm at LaGuardia Community College<http://laguardia.edu> (C Building, room 431D). This session will also feature a discussion of our Queens LGBTQ Oral History project (see flyer attached).

Both workshops are free and open to the public; please email Lori.Wallach at qc.cuny.edu<mailto:Lori.Wallach at qc.cuny.edu> to RSVP or for further information. We'd love to see you there!

Thanks!
Lori

Lori Wallach
Queens Memory Outreach Coordinator
queensmemory.org
Center for Teaching and Learning, Razran 346
Queens College
Lori.Wallach at qc.cuny.edu?<mailto:Lori.Wallach at qc.cuny.edu>
(718) 990-8532