[Socrates] Spring 2018 QR call for participants
Nathalia G Holtzman
Nathalia.Holtzman at qc.cuny.edu
Tue Nov 14 11:26:34 EST 2017
Quantitative Reasoning Across the Curriculum- Participants
The Center for Teaching and Learning is accepting applications from faculty to the development of one lesson plan or assignment that will infuse quantitative reasoning skills into their spring 2018 course.
Application form: https://goo.gl/forms/uelziE9mn5bpFwr73
Participants will receive:
1. $400 stipend for participation.
2. Support from trained Faculty Mentors and the QR fellow, Zhou Xi, during Spring 2018 in the development of teaching materials, assignments, and evaluation instruments.
Your responsibilities include:
1. Participate in a January 18, 2018 workshop (mark your calendars now). This workshop will address the learning objectives and pedagogy of QR instruction.
2. Participate in a April 20, 2018 showcase (mark your calendars now). This showcase will be an opportunity for participants to present their QR work to their peers and the campus. There will also be a memorial for Joanne Miller, the founder of the QR program on campus.
3. Create a QR-driven lesson plan, with specific learning objectives, learning activities and simple assessment (test questions or assignment) for the course the instructor will be teaching the in spring.
4. Comment on the work of other participants.
During the Spring of 2018, instructors will work with the QR Fellow ( Zhou Xi is a PhD student from the CUNY Graduate Center assigned to Queens College to support this initiative) integrating QR learning objectives and instruction into courses taught in the Spring 2018 semester.
Applications are due December 12, 2017. To apply, click on the link to the application form. For further information, contact Associate Professor of Biology: nholtzman at qc.cuny.edu<mailto:nathalia.holtzman at qc.cuny.edu>
More information about the Socrates