[Socrates] Event on Immigration across political spectrum on Nov 15th

Yael Rosenstock yrosenstock at cerru.org
Tue Nov 7 13:20:53 EST 2017

Good afternoon,

It's time for our 6th annual Innovation Exchange, sponsored by Susheel
Kirpalani on November 15th from 4:30-9pm in the Patio Room at Queens
College. This year the event is titled, "Trump's First Year: Impressions on
Immigration from Across the Political Landscape."

Our Innovation Exchange is an opportunity to engage in an evening of
discussion, debate, and dialogue on a crucial social issue.  We interact
with experts who are working to transform the issue from a variety of
different perspectives. This year, we will have individuals working on
bipartisan immigration legislation and people working on the ground on
immigration issues speak before breaking up into groups where everyone can
participate.

*We encourage everyone attending to RSVP on Eventbrite
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/trumps-first-year-impressions-on-immigration-across-the-political-spectrum-tickets-38545675152>
so
we can guarantee enough seats and dinner. Those who RSVP via Eventbrite
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/trumps-first-year-impressions-on-immigration-across-the-political-spectrum-tickets-38545675152>
by
Nov 8th are entered into a $25 gift card raffle.  **Students, faculty,
staff, and community members are welcome and encouraged to attend!*

Additionally, we are looking for anyone who can express their personal
narratives in relation to immigration to be exhibited at the event. Stories
can be about an individual or someone in their family who migrated with or
without the documentation, and how they or their family have experienced
migration shifts. *We are interested in all perspectives.* We will be
collecting submissions in the form of writing, visual arts, and short
videos to be displayed at the event. Submissions will be accepted until Nov
9th. Please send all submissions to info at cerru.org with subject line:
Immigration Narrative. If more time is needed, please let us know.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Best,

Yael
Yael Rosenstock
Associate Director
The Center for Ethnic, Racial, and Religious Understanding at Queens
College (CERRU)
Staff Advisor, grrrlz <https://www.facebook.com/QCGrrrlz/>
Co-Founder, Facilitator, and Researcher, QC Sexploration and Information
Group <https://www.facebook.com/QCSexplorationAndInformationGroup/>
office: Delany Hall, room 215
phone: 718-570-0482 <(718)%20570-0482>
email: yrosenstock at cerru.org
www.cerru.org

*Donate Here
<https://qccommunity.qc.cuny.edu/pages/funds/center-for-ethnic-racial-and-religious-understanding>*

“If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time.
But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine, then
let us work together.”

-       Lilla Watson, Indigenous Australian or Murri visual artist,
activist and academic