[Socrates] There's still time to register for Crucial Conversations in the Classroom: Sharing Good Practices, March 24

Jean Kelly Jean.Kelly at qc.cuny.edu
Wed Mar 22 08:19:19 EDT 2017

>From the Center for Ethnic, Racial and Religious Understanding and the Center for Teaching & Learning:

How do you handle crucial conversations that might arise in your classroom? These conversations may be related to the subject matter that you teach, or they may be brought into the classroom because of circumstances in students' daily lives that are affecting them. Do you have tried and true methods to diffuse or transform these conversations? Do you wish you had better resources? Space to exchange ideas?

Please join Sophia McGee, director of CERRU, and John Vogelsang, director of the Michael Harrington Center, for an informal faculty workshop/idea exchange on crucial conversations in the classroom. We know that there are many years of combined expertise on this campus, and that we can all benefit from sharing that expertise and learning from each other.

We will be gathering on Friday, March 24 for an exchange of ideas and good practices on having crucial conversations in the classroom. A light breakfast will be served. We hope that you will be able to join us, learn with us, and/or share your expertise.