[Socrates] Make a Difference - Take Photos

Ying Zhou Ying.Zhou at qc.cuny.edu
Fri Mar 17 06:47:28 EDT 2017

Make a Difference: Help High School Students Get into College and Study Computer Science!

A Day in the Life of Computer Science Students at Queens College

Dear QC student:

You are invited to submit photos you take that reflect a day in the life of Computer Science students at Queens College. A selection of these photos will be used at the upcoming NYC CS Fair<http://www.csfair.nyc/> on March 29. This is a city wide event to educate high school students about getting into college and studying computer science. Below are the rules you should observe:

  1.  Each photo must include Queens College Computer Science student(s), and/or students in the ACM club, Computer Graphics Design Association, Try! Swift NYC meetup, Python user group, FreeCode Academy.
  2.  You are encouraged to take photos that reflect what students do, e.g. projects, club activities, field trips, presenting in class or in workshops, attending QC or external events, networking, etc.

  3.  You are encouraged to team up with students from other departments to take photos together or of each other.

  4.  You must be the owner of those photos with consent from the people in the photo.

  5.  You must allow Queens College to use those photos for promotional purposes.

  6.  You should follow the naming convention as defined here: Your first name + your last name + 3 digits sequential number with no space in between, all lower case. For example, if I submit photos, I'd name them: yingzhou001, yingzhou002, etc.

Here is the link you can use to upload your photos (this link will be open for entries until March 28):

https://www.dropbox.com/request/NncP49J3greNd0f0vY3y

If you have any questions, please send an email to ying.zhou at qc.cuny.edu<mailto:ying.zhou at qc.cuny.edu>, with "CS Photo" in the subject line.

We are having a meeting to prepare for the NYC CS Fair on Friday, March 17 (that's today!), 3:00pm to 4:00pm at the Tech Incubator (CEP Hall 2). We welcome anyone who'd like to present a CS related project or product to come and help us plan the event. We also welcome anyone who signed up to volunteer to come and contribute your ideas.

For more information to sign up for volunteering and presenting at the Queens College booth at the NYC CS Fair<http://www.csfair.nyc/>, on March 29, please use the link below:
https://gallery.mailchimp.com/3ead78c5639f9e3a122face9a/files/0a93340e-9348-4851-8de3-5947553c5dd9/Make_a_Difference_NYC_CS_Fair.pdf

Thank you and have fun doing it!

Regards,