[Socrates] Wednesday! Complicated Conversations Workshop -- Immigration, Travel Bans, and Education - Patio Room, Dining Hall, 4:45 pm

Limarys Caraballo limaryscaraballo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 10:59:02 EST 2017

Complicated Conversations Workshop: Travel Bans and Border Lands

Join us for the next COMPLICATED CONVERSATIONS WORKSHOP on **WEDNESDAY 3/8
- 4:45-6:45 PM IN THE PATIO ROOM, DINING HALL** (refreshments served at
4:45). Join public school teachers, QC graduate students and alumni,
activists, and community members as we collaboratively explore recent
policies and debates on immigration as well as their implications for
students and families, and the educational contexts in which we teach and
learn.

Facilitated by Dr. Leslee Grey, is Assistant Professor in the Division of
Education, Secondary Education and Youth Services. She joins QC Alumni,
students, and participants from her SEYS course, *Major Issues in Education*,
in facilitating this workshop.

Sponsored by the Office of the Provost and the Office of the Dean of
Education; hosted by SEYS.

For Information, contact: caraballo.qc.cuny at gmail.com

*Limarys Caraballo, EdD*

*Assistant Professor of English Education*
*Queens College, City University of New York*
*Department of Secondary Education and Youth Services*

*Senior Research Fellow *
*Cyphers for Justice Co-Director*
*Institute for Urban and Minority Education*
*Teachers College, Columbia University*
*​ *

*A movement is born out of the convergence of dire conditions, a powerful
idea, and people committed to carrying out that idea. -Archbishop Desmond
Tutu*