[Socrates] Prospects for Korean Unification: February 22 @ 12:15 pm - 1:30 pm, featuring testimony by a North Korean refugee

Jean Kelly Jean.Kelly at qc.cuny.edu
Fri Feb 17 14:06:20 EST 2017

​Please join us for a two-part event on Prospects for Korean Unification. The event is free and open to the Public.

February 22 @ 12:15 pm - 1:30 pm
Campbell Dome

Part I: Why did I Defect from North Korea? For a Higher Standard of Living Comparable to my Hard Work and Freedom
Testimony by a North Korean refugee Ms. Kyung Hwa Lee

Part II: North Korea’s Past, Present and Possible Futures
Lecture by Dr. Charles Armstrong (Columbia University)

The collapse of North Korea has been predicted repeatedly for more than 25 years, yet the regime persists into the twenty-first century despite its objective weaknesses. Following Ms. Kyung Hwa Lee’s testimony, Dr. Armstrong will give us new insight into what explains North Korea’s unlikely survival, and what the prospects for North Korea under the current leadership are.

Presider: Prof. Pyong Gap Min (Sociology)
Program Coordinator: Prof. Seongyeon Ko (CMAL)

Information: http://korea.qc.cuny.edu/eventk/prospects-for-korean-unification/

Download the flyer: https://goo.gl/LDO3rt