[Socrates] Upcoming Project Reporting Workshop at METRO

Lori A Wallach Lori.Wallach at qc.cuny.edu
Wed Aug 9 16:24:02 EDT 2017

Hello all,

Please consider attending this cutting-edge workshop next Monday (8/14), led by our Queens Memory director, Natalie Milbrodt:

Natalie Milbrodt here from Queens Library. I'm working with my co-facilitator, Marcus Haraldsson to spread the word about our upcoming workshop<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/reporting-systems-are-dead-long-live-reporting-tickets-36012524430?utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&aff=escb&utm-source=cp&utm-term=listing> (Monday, August 14th 2-5pm) hosted by the Metropolitan NY Library Council, relevant for people who manage academic and community projects. It's about finding ways to make the reports we write to funders more engaging and reusable in our communications with different audiences including ourselves as practitioners.

The workshop will have opportunities for information sharing, brainstorming and skill building.  We'll also introduce Global Grand Central<https://webmail.queenslibrary.org/owa/redir.aspx?C=NOYj8W5hGizXIgM80POF5r_MhnMsZmVsF3B0WjIX2Ckamif_YN_UCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.globalgrandcentral.net%2fabout%2f%23functions>, which is a (free) social platform for sharing methods and outcomes amongst community-engaged practitioners working across many disciplines and countries.  My co-presenter, Marcus, founded the platform as a European project two years ago, and we've now formed a non-profit to support its continuation as an international forum for contributors from three continents (so far).

Non-Metro member participants get discounted tickets ($10) by using the promotional code FRIEND when registering.  And if you haven't been the Metropolitan New York Library Council's new space, it's definitely worth checking out!

Thanks and hope to see you on the 14th!

Sincerely,
Natalie

Lori Wallach
Queens Memory Outreach Coordinator
queensmemory.org
Center for Teaching and Learning, Razran 316
Queens College
Lori.Wallach at qc.cuny.edu
(718) 990-8532