[Socrates] Queens Memory event this weekend @Queens Museum

Lori A Wallach Lori.Wallach at qc.cuny.edu
Tue Apr 18 14:50:40 EDT 2017

Hello all,

This coming Sunday, April 23, Queens Memory is hosting an afternoon of story-telling and creativity at the Queens Museum<http://www.queensmuseum.org>. Join us from 2 to 5 pm for hands-on activities exploring the themes of migration and diversity in Queens!

Find your community on our giant puzzle map of Queens, write a love letter to your neighborhood, and have a free portrait taken! Our activities will be led by Bridget Bartolini of the Five Boro Story Project<http://www.fiveborostoryproject.org>, Fernanda Espinosa of People's Collective Arts/Colectivo de Arte Popular,<http://peoplescollectivearts.org/> and Annabel Short, creator of the 30th Ave: A Year in the Life of a Street<http://www.30thave.org/> blog. The event is free and open to the public.

We will also display archival photos relating to the history of diversity in Queens. This event is the culminating celebration of our NEH-funded "50 Years of Integration" series of community history events.

Hope to see you there!

Lori

Lori Wallach
Queens Memory Outreach Coordinator
queensmemory.org
Center for Teaching and Learning, Razran 316
Queens College
Lori.Wallach at qc.cuny.edu
(718) 990-8532