[Socrates] Great Tech Opportunity for Students: Tech Talent Pipeline Residency @ QC Spring 2017
Claudia.Garcia at qc.cuny.edu
Thu Sep 22 13:07:02 EDT 2016
Please spread the word amongst your students about the following opportunity!
Applications are about to open for the Tech Talent Pipeline Residency @ Queens College Spring 2017 Cohort!
Queens College, the NYC Tech Talent Pipeline, and The New York Code + Design Academy have partnered to deliver the Tech Talent Pipeline Residency @ QC program for its Spring 2017 Cohort.
During this program, you'll enhance your Web Development skills and participate in a paid internship with a tech company in NYC.
APPLICATIONS OPEN SOON!
You are STRONGLY encouraged to attend one of our INFO SESSIONS to learn more about the program and application/interview process before applying!
Wednesday, October 5, free hour (12:15-1:30pm)
Science Building C203
Thursday (Monday Schedule) October 6, free hour (12:15-1:30pm) Science Building C203
Participants get to:
· Hone your full-stack web dev skills in a boot camp during Winter Break
· Intern up to 19 hours per week, getting paid $15 per hour at a local tech company during the spring semester
· Boost your portfolio by working on real-world, group projects
· Network with tech professionals who will work with you to build the technical and professional skills you need to get hired
· Get individual coaching while you continue to look for full-time tech jobs and paid internships after the program ends
Topics covered include:
· Tech company workplace expectations; technical interview skills; resume review and access to post-program job opportunities
Requirements for application and participation:
· Preference given to Computer Science or related majors with a significant amount of coursework completed. (Successful completion of Data Structures and Algorithms CSCI 313 strongly weighted.)
· Attend the mandatory pre-program training from Mon-Fri 9a.m.-5p.m. during Winter Break (January 3rd, 2017-January 27th, 2017)
· Commit 19 hours per week from January 30th, 2017-May 5th, 2017
· Have a strong interest in working in software development, web development, QA, data science, or a related field following graduation
· Eligible to work in the United States
*Preference will be given to juniors and seniors (who have completed more than 60 credits)*
For more information, go to http://www.qc.cuny.edu/ttp
Tech Talent Pipeline Residency @ QC
Queens College, Razran Hall 314
Claudia.garcia at qc.cuny.edu
More information about the Socrates