[Socrates] TTP Residency @ QC: Spring 2017 Applications deadline EXTENDED to Monday, Oct. 24th
Claudia.Garcia at qc.cuny.edu
Thu Oct 20 13:05:10 EDT 2016
Applications are OPEN and have been EXTENDED for the Tech Talent Pipeline Residency @ Queens College, Spring 2017 Cohort to MONDAY, OCT. 24th!
The TTP Residency is a collaboration between Queens College, the NYC Tech Talent Pipeline, and The New York Code + Design Academy (NYCDA). We are recruiting students in Computer Science and related fields for our Spring 2017 program. Participants will enhance their web development skills through customized training delivered by NYCDA and will have a paid internship with a tech company in NYC ($15/hr for 15-19 hours per week during spring 2017).
Applications are now DUE Monday, October 24th:
TTP Residents will:
· Hone their full-stack web dev skills in a boot camp during Winter Break
· Intern up to 19 hours per week, getting paid $15 per hour at a local tech company during the spring semester
· Boost portfolio by working on real-world, group projects
· Network with tech professionals to build the technical and professional skills needed to get hired
· Get individual coaching while continuing to look for full-time tech jobs and paid internships after the program ends
Topics covered include:
· Tech company workplace expectations; technical interview skills; resume review and access to post-program job opportunities
Requirements for application and participation:
· Preference given to Computer Science or related majors with a significant amount of coursework completed. (Successful completion of Data Structures and Algorithms CSCI 313 strongly weighted, and students with more than 60 credits completed [juniors or seniors].)
· Attend the mandatory pre-program training from Mon-Fri 9a.m.-5p.m. during Winter Break (January 3rd, 2017-January 27th, 2017)
· Commit 19 hours per week from January 30th, 2017-May 5th, 2017
· Have a strong interest in working in software development, web development, QA, data science, or a related field following graduation
· Eligible to work in the United States
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, October 24th!
For more information and to APPLY, go to http://www.qc.cuny.edu/ttp or contact Claudia Garcia, TTP Residency Coordinator (Claudia.Garcia at qc.cuny.edu, 718.997.4636).
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: TTP Residency Spring 2017 Flyer app deadline.pdf
Size: 80090 bytes
Desc: TTP Residency Spring 2017 Flyer app deadline.pdf
More information about the Socrates