[Socrates] TTP Residency @ QC: Spring 2017 Applications due Friday, Oct. 21st!!
Claudia.Garcia at qc.cuny.edu
Sat Oct 15 11:40:27 EDT 2016
Please spread the word amongst your students about the following opportunity!
Applications are OPEN for the Tech Talent Pipeline Residency @ Queens College Spring 2017 Cohort!
Queens College, the NYC Tech Talent Pipeline, and The New York Code + Design Academy have partnered to deliver the Tech Talent Pipeline Residency @ QC program for its Spring 2017 Cohort.
During this program, you'll enhance your Web Development skills and participate in a paid internship with a tech company in NYC.
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN!
APPLY NOW! Applications DUE Friday, October 21st!! Act Fast!
We HIGHLY recommend that you walk in to one of these open hours with your resume so that we can help you have the best application that will land you a placement!?
Resume/application help open hours:
?Claudia Garcia @ Razran 314: Mon 10/17 from 1-430pm
Diane Shults @ PH 306F: Tue 10/18 from 1-4pm
Denise Miller @ Honors Hall 01: Wed 10/19 from 2-430pm
& Thu 10/20 from 11-130pm
Participants get to:
· Hone your full-stack web dev skills in a boot camp during Winter Break
· Intern up to 19 hours per week, getting paid $15 per hour at a local tech company during the spring semester
· Boost your portfolio by working on real-world, group projects
· Network with tech professionals who will work with you to build the technical and professional skills you need to get hired
· Get individual coaching while you continue to look for full-time tech jobs and paid internships after the program ends
Topics covered include:
· Tech company workplace expectations; technical interview skills; resume review and access to post-program job opportunities
Requirements for application and participation:
· Preference given to Computer Science or related majors with a significant amount of coursework completed. (Successful completion of Data Structures and Algorithms CSCI 313 strongly weighted.)
· Attend the mandatory pre-program training from Mon-Fri 9a.m.-5p.m. during Winter Break (January 3rd, 2017-January 27th, 2017)
· Commit 19 hours per week from January 30th, 2017-May 5th, 2017
· Have a strong interest in working in software development, web development, QA, data science, or a related field following graduation
· Eligible to work in the United States
*Preference will be given to juniors and seniors (who have completed more than 60 credits)*
For more information and to APPLY, go to http://www.qc.cuny.edu/ttp
Tech Talent Pipeline Residency @ QC
Queens College, Razran Hall 314
Claudia.garcia at qc.cuny.edu
More information about the Socrates