[Socrates] October in Year of Korea: K-Pop and the Sewol Ferry Tragedy; Korean Thanksgiving Festival; and The 'Analects of Dasan'

Cecilia B Britez Cecilia.Britez at qc.cuny.edu
Thu Oct 13 16:30:34 EDT 2016

Greetings to all!

I am very excited to invite you all to participate in our remaining events for the month of October. Come and celebrate the Year of Korea at QC! These events are all free and open to the public.

* Monday, October 17th @ Powdermaker Hall 149 from 5:30pm to 7pm

Popular Imagination and Its Cultural Resilience in K-Pop Poiesis: Cultural Affect of the Sewol Ferry Tragedy

Guest Speaker: Dr. Yongwoo Lee, New York University

Korean Studies Speaker Series - Pizza and Drinks will be served.

http://korea.qc.cuny.edu/eventk/korean-pop-music/

* Saturday, October 29th & Sunday, October 30th @ QC Parking Lot 17 & 15, day long festival

Chuseok Daejanchi: Korean Thanksgiving and Folklore Festival

Saturday, Oct 29th:
2-4PM - K-Pop Contest
4-6PM - Rock Performance
7-8PM - Jazz Performance

Sunday, Oct 30th:
3PM - K-Pop Stars perform

http://korea.qc.cuny.edu/eventk/korean-thanksgiving-and-folklore-festival-october-8-and-9/

* Monday, October 31 @ Queens Hall 135 from 12:15 pm to 1:30 pm
The Analects of Dasan: A Korean Syncretic Reading
Guest Speaker: Dr. Hongkyung Kim, Stony Brook University
Korean Studies Speaker Series - Pizza and Drinks will be served.
http://korea.qc.cuny.edu/eventk/korean-thought-and-religion-guest-speaker-dr-hongkyung-kim/

Best,

Cecilia

Cecilia Britez<https://www.linkedin.com/in/cecilia-vega-britez-55530394>