[Socrates] Please share Climate Change Event

Yael Rosenstock yrosenstock at cerru.org
Thu Nov 5 11:08:57 EST 2015

CERRU's 4th Annual Innovation Exchange
*Muslims, Jews and Catholics: Standing Together Against Climate Change
<http://www.eventbrite.com/e/cerrus-4th-annual-innovation-exchange-muslims-jews-and-catholics-standing-together-against-climate-tickets-18977893390>*
Wednesday, November 11 6:30pm
Dinner at 5:45pm in Q-Side Lounge
At Queens College, Black Box Theatre, Rathaus M11

This event is a collaboration between CERRU, Central Queens Y, and
Foundation for Ethnic Understanding as well as a long list of cosponsors.

Attendees can expect to:
- Learn about climate change from a scientific perspective and debunk some
climate change myths
- Hear from religious leaders responding to the Pope's Encyclical on
Climate Change and the religious imperative to take care of our earth
- Participate in a collaborative action workshop to be held at Queens
College

The event will feature leaders from the Muslim, Jewish and Catholic faiths
coming together in response to Pope Francis' inspired leadership in his
urgent call for all people, particularly people of faith, to fight climate
change. After hearing from our speakers, everyone will be invited to join
break-out sessions to talk about steps they can take on campus, in the
community, and in society at large.

For more information and to reserve tickets, please see our Eventbrite
<http://www.eventbrite.com/e/cerrus-4th-annual-innovation-exchange-muslims-jews-and-catholics-standing-together-against-climate-tickets-18977893390>
.

Yael Rosenstock
Director of Programming
The Center for Ethnic, Racial, and Religious Understanding at Queens
College (CERRU)
Staff Advisor, grrrlz
office: Delany Hall, room 215
phone: 718-570-0482