[Socrates] New Faculty Orientation, August 26 or September 1

Rowena Li Rowena.Li at qc.cuny.edu
Tue Jul 28 22:52:41 EDT 2015

The Center for Teaching & Learning and the Office of the Provost are pleased to invite you to an orientation for new faculty Things You Need to Know to Teach at Queens, same program on:

Wednesday, August 26 (2:30-4:30pm)

Tuesday, September 1 (3-5pm)

President’s Conference Rooms 1 and 2, on the 5th floor of Rosenthal Library.

Representatives from around campus will discuss resources and services you need to know about in your new capacity as faculty:

  *   Using library resources

  *   Accessing instructional technologies

  *   Teaching online

  *   Reporting attendance and grades

  *   Encouraging academic integrity

  *   Union benefits

  *   Seeking professional development opportunities

  *   Resources for your students you should know about

Please join us on August 26th or September 1st for information, conversation, and some refreshments.  We encourage you to bring along a colleague: a full-time faculty member, a not-new adjunct, or your departmental chair. Simply share this email, and ask your colleague to RSVP.

To help us better plan the event, please RSVP at https://goo.gl/Fe6xR8.

If you can't join us on either date, you can watch the recorded presentations. They'll be posted on our website several days after the event.

For questions, please contact Rowena Li at rowena.li at qc.cuny.edu<mailto:rowena.li at qc.cuny.edu> or Jean Kelly at jean.kelly at qc.cuny.edu<mailto:jean.kelly at qc.cuny.edu>.