[Socrates] Seeking Committee Members for Watson Fellowship

Moira E Egan Moira.Egan at qc.cuny.edu
Fri Oct 31 16:03:10 EDT 2014

Dear all,
I hope everyone is having a good semester.  I've been enjoying working with students on some important fellowships and look forward to meeting even more of our talented students and learning about their fascinating work.

The J. K. Watson fellowship offers students from several New York City colleges, including Queens College, three Summer internships in nonprofit organizations, business and industry, and government,  one of them abroad.  During the academic year, fellows also have many mentoring and professional development opportunities.  The fellowship requires students to be nominated by committees on their campuses, and the Office of Honors and Scholarships is currently forming the committee who will review the next round of Watson applications.  The work involves reading approximately 15-20 applications, meeting once to determine which students we will interview, and participating in the interviews.  The review process will begin at the end of January, and conclude in early March.  This is a wonderful opportunity to get to know students and help them to further their academic and career goals.  If you're interested, please get in touch by email or phone and I'd be happy to discuss this with you further.
Best,
Moira

~
Moira E. Egan, Ph.D.