[Socrates] Fellowship for Rising Seniors

Moira E Egan Moira.Egan at qc.cuny.edu
Tue Jul 22 14:40:00 EDT 2014

Hello all.  I'm the new National Fellowships advisor here at the college, and am writing to ask your assistance in encouraging talented rising seniors to apply for Fulbright fellowships for 2015-2016.  If you know of any A/A- students with interests in cultural exchange, would you be able to encourage them to consider Fulbright?  I'm available to talk with students about their plans and to assist them in revising their statements.  If it's useful to you, I've included a draft email below.
Best,
Moira
Dear Students,

The Fulbright program is a wonderful opportunity to spend up to an academic year overseas after graduation, and offers many types of awards to meet a wide range of academic goals and interests.  For more information, please visit http://us.fulbrightonline.org/about/types-of-grants Because this is such a famous and competitive program, students sometimes don't investigate it, thinking that "someone else" stands a better chance.  Remember that Fulbright is looking for well-rounded applicants, interested in cross-cultural exchange along with their academic success.  If there's a project that fascinates you, or a culture you've always wanted to get to know better, why not think seriously about Fulbright?

The awards include:

  *   English Teaching Awards
  *   Academic Research Awards
  *   Arts Awards
  *   Business Awards
  *   Public Policy Fellowships
  *   Grants in Science and Public Health
  *   There is even an MTV Fulbright award and a National Geographic fellowship.
The campus deadline for Fulbright applications is September 12th, so please contact Moira Egan, the college's National Fellowships Advisor as soon as possible if you are considering any of these amazing opportunities.  Dr. Egan can be reached by email at moira.egan at qc.cuny.edu<mailto:moira.egan at qc.cuny.edu> or by phone at 997-2863.

~
Moira E. Egan, Ph.D.
National Fellowships Advisor
Office of Honors and Scholarships