[Socrates] New York Needs You Fellowship

Mark Klein Mark.Klein at qc.cuny.edu
Wed Jan 29 11:22:58 EST 2014

Hi Colleagues ,

I wanted to inform you about an exciting opportunity for freshman.

New York Needs You helps first generation college students select,

secure and succeed in their careers.

This fellowship program offers the following outstanding benefits to you including;

*         $2500 in professional development grants

*         Access to 2 summer internships at prestigious companies and organizations

*         Individual support from a Mentor Coach in your career field of interest.

*         Professional development workshops to help you to reach your career goals.
The following are the eligibility requirements:

*         Neither of your parents have a bachelor's degree ( in any country)

*         You are US Citizen or Permanent Resident

*         You are a freshman attending a CUNY college (with less than 30 credits)

*         You are available to attend regular Saturday workshops in Manhattan 2 times a month.

*         Your family is considered low income

During the past 2 years 10 Queens College students have been selected for the New York Needs You Fellowship.

The deadline for submission of the application for this fellowship is February 20th so time is limited.

I would appreciate if you would refer eligible students to me directly. Students can contact me directly

by email or by phone.

For further information faculty, staff and students can visit newyorkneedsyou.org to learn more about the program.

Feel free to contact me with any questions

Sincerely,

Mark Klein, MSW
Career Counselor

Queens College

mark.klein at qc.cuny.edu

(718) 997-4684

The greatest achievement of the human spirit is to live up to one's opportunities, and make the most of one's resources."- Vauvenargues