[Socrates] Summer Internships for Freshmen and Sophomores
Moira E Egan
Moira.Egan at qc.cuny.edu
Tue Dec 2 10:14:59 EST 2014
I hope you had nice Thanksgivings and the chance to relax a bit over the long weekend. As I'm sure many of you know, the J. K. Watson fellowship is a wonderful opportunity which offers students three paid Summer internships and professional development opportunities throughout the academic years of the fellowship. I'm holding an information session on the Watson fellowship, and would very much appreciate your spreading the word to freshmen and sophomores. Below is a sample email you might use.
Moira E. Egan, Ph.D.
National Fellowships Advisor
Office of Honors and Scholarships
Rm. 23 Honors Hall
Queens College, CUNY
SUMMER INTERNSHIPS FOR FRESHMEN AND SOPHOMORES
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2014
FREE HOUR (12:15 - 1:30)
HONORS HALL, ROOM 17
How would you like to work for a summer... at the U.N? On Wall Street? At a Fortune 500 company? At a New York publishing house?
Come to the above information session to learn more about the Jeannette K. Watson Summer Fellows Program.
Fellows have the opportunity to take paid, ten-week internships for three consecutive summers in the areas of nonprofit, government service, and private enterprise. Fellows receive a stipend of $5,000 for the first summer and $6,000 each for the second and third summers.
To be eligible:
* You must be a second- semester freshman or a sophomore, as of the start of the spring 2015 semester
* You must demonstrate competence in college level work
* You cannot be more than 25 years old on March 1, 2015
* You must be an American citizen or "green card" holder. You may not be on an international student visa
* Be available for three consecutive summers
* Be available for mandatory Saturday workshops
For more information, contact Dr. Moira Egan at 718- 997- 2863, or moira.egan at qc.cuny.edu<mailto:moira.egan at qc.cuny.edu>.
More information about the Socrates