[Socrates] Midnight Run Tomorrow night

Emanuel Avila Emanuel.Avila at qc.cuny.edu
Wed Apr 9 20:12:16 EDT 2014

Join our Knights of Service, tomorrow night, as we come together and hit the streets of New York to provide food, clothes, and other items to those who are less fortunate and are homeless.

We will have the initial, Peanut Butter and Jelly Jam, along with NYPIRG, in the Dining Hall, from 4pm-5pm. Stop by and bring donated items, a loaf of bread, peanut butter, jelly, or any other kind of foods that we can use to give away tomorrow night.

Shortly there after, at 8:30pm, we will be departing from the Gym, in one van, to go serve the homeless. There is limited space in the van, but if you would like to accompany us in your own vehicle, you are more than welcome to do so.

We are scheduled to stop by 4 assigned locations, and other alternatives, if we have left overs. Chartwells will provide coffee for the homeless.

If you want to participate, or need further information, please feel free to contact my office.

Thank you all and let's continue to live by the QC motto: "We learn so that we may serve."

PLEASE CIRCULATE AMONGST OTHER PEERS AND COLLEAGUES.

Respectfully,

Emanuel Avila, M.S.Ed.
Associate Director of Judicial Affairs & Service Learning
Queens College-City University of New York (CUNY)
65-30 Kissena Blvd
Flushing, NY 11367
718-997-3971
718-997-3972 Fax

"Man is a goal-seeking animal. His life only has meaning if he is reaching out and striving for his goals." - Aristotle

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT:
Please note that the contents of this e-mail, and its attachments, are solely intended for the addressee(s) listed above and are CONFIDENTIAL in nature. Any copying, distribution, and dissemination of any of the enclosed information, other than for the intended recipients and their constituents, is prohibited and may be a violation of Federal Law(s).