[Socrates] CTL Workshops on Engaging Large Classes: Monday, Oct. 7, 2013

Jean Kelly Jean.Kelly at qc.cuny.edu
Mon Sep 23 17:00:01 EDT 2013

>From the Center for Teaching and Learning:

Engaging Large Classes: Are you teaching a class with more than 40 students? Queens College is offering an increasing number of large classes with some classes exceeding 200 students. Engaging students in large classes can be a particular challenge.

We are offering a set of four workshops that will help you design your class to more effectively engage your students. While you can attend any single workshop, we would encourage you to register for all four. The workshops will be run by Dr. Holtzman from the Department of Biology. She regularly teaches classes of over 150 students.

Please register for each event independently. Each event will be held during MONDAY FREE HOUR in Faculty Development Lab Razran 360.

To register, point your browser to the link below each date.

October 7: Engaging Large Classes 1: What do you really want your students to learn?
http://tinyurl.com/LCWOct7

November 4th: Engaging Large Classes 2: Class Management
http://tinyurl.com/LCQNov4

November 11th: Brown bag lunch (a chance for people to come informally and talk education with Dr. Holtzman and colleagues).
http://tinyurl.com/LCQNov11

December 9th: Large Classes 3: Experiential Learning Strategies
http://tinyurl.com/LCQDec9

Participation is free and open to full- and part-time faculty.

Please contact Nathalia Holtzman (Nathalia.holtzman at qc.cuny.edu) for more information.