[Socrates] Tech Talk - Tuesday, April 9, 2013 - Technology in the Curriculum

Jean Kelly Jean.Kelly at qc.cuny.edu
Tue Mar 19 16:32:47 EDT 2013

Join us for a Tech Talk on Technology in the Curriculum: The role of student perceptions

We will examine ways to incorporate technology into a course to enhance learning outcomes using information about student perceptions of the variable value of different technologies as learning tools. Student perceptions are often not taken into account during curricular development. However, we will argue that in certain cases, student perception, coupled with what we know of teaching and learning in the disciplines, should be a strong driver of curricular reform. We will compare the perceptions of technology that faculty and administrators have to those of students, and will use these to help you identify the most important technologies for your particular discipline. We will consider why particular technologies are important, how they might be used, how students should be taught to use them, and how to link up such work to outcomes focused on information literacy.

Presenters:
Eva Fernández (Center for Teaching and Learning) and
Michelle Fraboni (Elementary and Early Childhood Education)