[Socrates] Blackboard Upgrade Information and Support

QC CTL qcctlcuny at gmail.com
Mon May 14 11:37:01 EDT 2012

Dear Colleagues,

As Ken's announcement indicates, there will be a period from 5 pm on May
18th until sometime May 24th when Blackboard will not be available for
Summer 1 course development.   The Center for Teaching and Learning would
like to offer our services to help ease this transition and put this time
to use in preparing for your summer courses.  Course content, for example,
can be prepared beforehand for quick inclusion in Blackboard 9.1 when it
becomes available and we can help you organize your efforts.  If you are
using any other web-based or digital technologies in your course -- such as
ePortfolios, blogs, wikis, etc. -- we will be available to work with you on
setting those up as well.  You can download the announcement at
http://qcpages.qc.cuny.edu/edtech/Bb9Upgrade/PreparingForBb9.pdf

*Please note that Summer 1 courses will be available in Blackboard 8.0
until the May 18th cutoff; and, most importantly, these courses will be
migrated over to Blackboard 9.1 by May 24th.*  So, any work you do on them
up until Friday will not be lost.

Below we have listed open times when you should feel free to drop by our
lab and get support.  You are also welcome to set up an appointment with a
technologist outside of these times, depending on our availability.  See
our contact information below.

*Open Lab Availability*:
*Location*: Razran 360
*Dates*: Monday 5/21 - Wednesday 5/23 (and Thursday, if necessary),
*Times*: 11 am - 2 pm

*Technologists*:
Jean Kelly, jean.kelly at qc.cuny.edu
Fei-Wen Pirovolikos, yokodirect at gmail.com