[Socrates] Request your assistance in advertising Teach in Vietnam Info. Session_Dec 5, Free hour, PH 154

ozlem.cetin at qc.cuny.edu ozlem.cetin at qc.cuny.edu
Mon Dec 3 11:29:43 EST 2012

Greetings all,

I work with Yasemin Jones in the Provost's Office and we are writing to
ask for your help in presenting the following teaching "internship"
opportunity in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam to your students.

Selected students will spend the month of July 2013 co-teaching (16-20
hours a week) in a "Summer Fun" program hosted by the Southeast Asian
Ministers of Education (SEAMEO). Interns will create lessons in English
and participate in extracurricular activities for students ages 5-15.

This is a great opportunity particularly for Education & TESOL majors but
it is open to undergraduate and graduate students from all disciplines.
Preference, however, may be given to Education and TESOL students. Room
and board is included plus a small daily stipend. There will most likely
be a partial subsidy for round-trip air travel from NYC to Vietnam.

The deadline for QC students to apply to the internship is December 28,
2012. To apply, students may visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RHF828W

We would appreciate if you would share the attached flyer for this
Wednesday's information session with your students. Please feel free to
email me with any questions.

Thank you very much,
Denise Cetin

Information Session to Spend July in Vietnam Teaching English