[Socrates] Feb 23 (4-6pm) and other Tech Weds this semester

Eva.Fernandez at qc.cuny.edu Eva.Fernandez at qc.cuny.edu
Sun Feb 13 11:19:43 EST 2011

Greetings,

Our series on technology and teaching continues this semester, on
Wednesdays.  For our first gathering we're pleased to welcome Andrea
Mosenson (FNES), whose talk is titled "Digital storytelling: capturing the
minds and souls of students" (a brief abstract is below).

     February 23 (4-6pm)
     President's Conference Room #1 in the library

Please RSVP if you plan to attend:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHotYkZnX0xpYTNtSW1WOFp5UklZQUE6MQ

Also, please save the dates for other Tech Wednesdays scheduled for this
spring, on topics that will include ePortfolios, podcasting, and other
forms of digital expression:

     March 23
     April 27
     May 18

Hope to see you on February 23!

----------------------
Tech Wednesday, February 23, 4-6 pm, President's Conference Room #1,
Rosenthal Library
Speaker: Andrea Mosenson
Assistant Professor & Program Coordinator of Family & Consumer Sciences
Education
Department of Family, Nutrition & Exercise Sciences

Digital storytelling is the 21st century method of combining multimedia
technology with written pieces of work to create compelling, memorable
stories.  It is a process that allows students to manipulate digital
images, voices, text, and sound to create vivid stories that can be shared
both locally and around the world.  Come and envision how digital
storytelling can be integrated into any discipline and start capturing the
minds and souls of your students in the powerful stories they will tell.