[QCsenate 0034] Re: Inaccurate statement in the The Catalyst

Manuel.Sanudo at qc.cuny.edu Manuel.Sanudo at qc.cuny.edu
Thu Apr 19 13:49:20 EDT 2012

While I agree to an extent with Ken Lord that the language in the Catalyst
 of "approving the Pathways proposal" was not totally accurate, I have to
say that if the Senate meant to disagree with the Pathways proposal we
should have said so in no unequivocal terms. Colleges like Baruch and City
College have said "no" while others like NYC Tech and John Jay are
seemingly refusing to take any action.  Meanwhile at Hunter College and we
certainly here at Queens College have acquiesced to the Pathways process
by not for a second time restating the position we took at our  November
10, 2012 Senate meeting:

Therefore the Academic Senate of Queens College concludes that the
Pathways to Degree Completion Initiative cannot be redeemed by minor
changes to its individual components and rejects Pathways on pedagogical,
intellectual, and legal grounds.

Perhaps a second refusal to the CUNY Board's resolution is what we should
have stated in no uncertain terms.

Manny

Manuel Sanudo
Reference Librarian
Rosenthal Library, 311
Queens College
Flushing NY 11367
718-997-3769

Roberta.Brody at qc.cuny.edu
Sent by: qcsenate-bounces at lists.qc.cuny.edu
04/19/2012 10:39 AM

qcsenate at qc.edu
cc

Subject
[QCsenate 0033]  Inacurate statement inthe The Catalyst

Letter from Senator and UCC Chair  Ken Lord:

-----Forwarded by Roberta Brody/GSLIS/Faculty/Queens College on 04/19/2012
10:32AM -----