[Socrates] Trauma-Informed Skill-Building for Faculty: Supporting Yourselves While Supporting Your Students Amidst Global and Local Crises

QNS qcctlonline CTLOnline at qc.cuny.edu
Wed Feb 28 09:15:51 EST 2024

>From the Center for Excellence in Teaching, Learning, and Leadership (CETLL) to all faculty and staff.

This 3-part workshop series is designed to create a safe and reflective space for faculty members to engage with their experiences both within and beyond the classroom. The series integrates principles from Somatic Experiencing<https://traumahealing.org/se-101/>, neurobiology, and trauma-informed pedagogy. Participants will develop practical skills to support themselves and their students, engage and facilitate challenging conversations, and cultivate a classroom environment that fosters overall well-being. Additionally, the series emphasizes community building through providing a platform for faculty to share and collectively process their experiences. While we encourage participation in the full series, faculty are invited to attend any of the workshops. The titles and dates of each workshop are listed below.

Register with this RSVP form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfihsT_uuqt8dF1pNAMW4Qf924Pdewgs476FqZiW5mkFiOGaQ/viewform>.<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfihsT_uuqt8dF1pNAMW4Qf924Pdewgs476FqZiW5mkFiOGaQ/viewform> If you are interested in attending the first workshop in this series, please register by March 1st. Login to a Google account is required to access this form.

  *   Part 1: Exploring Somatics: Resourcing and Grounding in Our Bodies