[Socrates] Brightspace Transition Reminder and Webinar Offering

QNS Brightspace Brightspace at qc.cuny.edu
Thu Feb 8 13:13:52 EST 2024

Dear Faculty,

The Center for Excellence in Teaching, Learning, and Leadership (CETLL) reminds you that Queens College courses will be conducted through Brightspace starting in Summer 2024.  We will no longer use Blackboard.

Blackboard courses from 2022-2024 are being automatically migrated to Brightspace. Please note that this process does not include migrating any Blackboard Collaborate Ultra recordings; faculty are responsible for manually backing up those recordings. Instructions can be found at How to Download Recordings from Blackboard Collaborate<https://support.qc.cuny.edu/support/solutions/articles/15000093489>.

Faculty will be responsible for manually backing up and migrating pre-2022 courses from Blackboard. CETLL strongly recommends that you begin the backup process now. The first step to backing up your Blackboard course is to export a course package. For instructions, visit Export and Archive Courses<https://help.blackboard.com/Learn/Instructor/Original/Course_Content/Reuse_Content/Export_and_Archive_Courses>.

To help you get acquainted with Brightspace, the Queens College Brightspace Team will offer a live webinar on the basics of transitioning from Blackboard to Brightspace.

Please note that this webinar will be offered on multiple dates, and each session will cover the same content. Register for one of the sessions by clicking on a date below (login to your CUNY account is required).

  *
Tuesday, February 20 – 11 am to 12 pm<https://events.teams.microsoft.com/event/77a5d885-2fae-4d9d-9078-a49e14ca23ee@6f60f0b3-5f06-4e09-9715-989dba8cc7d8>
  *
Wednesday, February 28 – 12 pm to 1 pm<https://events.teams.microsoft.com/event/48996ac2-0e9f-4155-a5b4-b07f327dd994@6f60f0b3-5f06-4e09-9715-989dba8cc7d8>
  *   Wednesday, March 6 – 12 pm to 1 pm<https://events.teams.microsoft.com/event/fd788175-bbcc-485d-8615-fd9a8adc1ab2@6f60f0b3-5f06-4e09-9715-989dba8cc7d8>
  *
Wednesday, March 13 – 12 pm to 1 pm<https://events.teams.microsoft.com/event/e4e29319-b0ea-49f9-af32-7987fa6233ed@6f60f0b3-5f06-4e09-9715-989dba8cc7d8>
  *
Wednesday, March 20 – 12 pm to 1 pm<https://events.teams.microsoft.com/event/bf085420-2b10-4f8d-9e02-7f0744c3853e@6f60f0b3-5f06-4e09-9715-989dba8cc7d8>
  *
Wednesday, March 27 – 12 pm to 1 pm<https://events.teams.microsoft.com/event/6421f9f5-dd14-45f7-a151-16b8736071e9@6f60f0b3-5f06-4e09-9715-989dba8cc7d8> <https://events.teams.microsoft.com/event/6421f9f5-dd14-45f7-a151-16b8736071e9@6f60f0b3-5f06-4e09-9715-989dba8cc7d8>

All sessions will be conducted online in Microsoft Office Teams.

The sessions will be recorded. We ask that you register even if you can’t attend so we can add you to the distribution list.

Please visit Brightspace Transition Reminder and Webinar Offering<https://www.qc.cuny.edu/cetll/brightspace-reminder-webinar/> for more information.

Remember that we’re here to help. If you have any questions about Brightspace and the transition process, or if you want to schedule a meeting for hands-on instruction, please contact us at Brightspace at qc.cuny.edu<mailto:Brightspace at qc.cuny.edu>

Warm regards,
CETLL and the Queens College Brightspace Team